Welcome back to TheNewAmsterdam.com blog series, where we strive to provide you with comprehensive insights into the world of cannabis. Today’s topic is all about a popular cannabis consumption method amongst connoisseurs: low-temperature dabbing.
Low-temperature dabbing involves vaporizing cannabis concentrates like shatter, wax, or oil at lower temperatures, typically between 315°F and 400°F. This method provides a smoother, more flavorful experience, and potentially maximizes the medicinal benefits of your concentrates.
Why Opt for Low-Temperature Dabbing?
- Flavor: Lower temperatures allow for a full expression of the concentrate’s terpene profile, resulting in a flavorful, aromatic experience that high-temperature dabs can’t match.
- Health: Dabbing at lower temperatures creates less harsh vapor, which is gentler on the lungs and throat.
- Efficiency: Low-temp dabs might enhance the efficiency of consumption, ensuring that you’re absorbing as many cannabinoids as possible without wasting your concentrate.
How to Dab at Low Temperatures
To start low-temperature dabbing, you’ll need a dab rig, a nail (preferably quartz for heat retention), a carb cap, a dab tool, a torch, and your preferred cannabis concentrate. TheNewAmsterdam.com offers a wide range of quality dabbing equipment to get you started.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Heat the Nail: Use your torch to heat the nail uniformly. This usually takes about 30 seconds, but it can vary depending on your nail’s material and thickness.
- Cool Down: Allow the nail to cool down to reach a low temperature. This could take anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 minute. An infrared thermometer can be handy to accurately gauge the nail’s temperature.
- Apply the Dab: Using your dab tool, apply your concentrate to the inside of the nail and start inhaling slowly.
- Use the Carb Cap: Immediately cover the nail with your carb cap to trap the heat and vaporize your concentrate more effectively.
- Inhale and Enjoy: Continue to inhale the vapor, hold it in your lungs briefly, and exhale.
Remember, dabbing at low temperatures can take some time to perfect, but the flavorful results and potentially enhanced effects make the process worthwhile. You can always visit us at TheNewAmsterdam.com for more tips and advice or to explore our variety of cannabis concentrates and dabbing tools.