Welcome back to our series at TheNewAmsterdam.com. Today, we’re stepping back to basics and guiding you through the process of smoking herb for the first time. The world of cannabis can be an exciting, if somewhat overwhelming, landscape for a novice. Yet, with a bit of knowledge, your first foray into this age-old practice can be a journey of delightful discovery.
Why Smoke Herb?
Smoking is one of the most popular methods of consuming cannabis because it provides immediate effects, making it easier to gauge your personal tolerance. It’s also a cherished ritual, a practice steeped in community and camaraderie, and for some, a vital part of their relaxation or creative process.
Selecting Your Strain
Before you light up, it’s essential to select a strain that aligns with your desired outcome. Are you looking to feel energized and creative? Or are you seeking relaxation and stress relief? At TheNewAmsterdam.com, we offer an array of strains, each with its unique blend of effects, and our knowledgeable staff is always ready to help you find the perfect fit.
Choosing Your Method
There are numerous ways to smoke herb, and choosing the right one for you can enhance your experience. Here are a few options:
- Joints: The classic choice. Rolling a joint involves wrapping your cannabis in a small, typically rectangular piece of paper.
- Pipes: Pipes provide a simple, straightforward method of smoking. They require less prep time than a joint, making them ideal for a quick smoke session.
- Bongs: Bongs use water to cool and filter the smoke, providing a smoother hit. They are usually larger and less portable than pipes or joints but are a favorite among many cannabis enthusiasts for their unique delivery.
Once you’ve chosen your strain and your method, it’s time to smoke:
- Prepare Your Cannabis: If you’re smoking a joint or using a pipe, you’ll need to grind your cannabis first. This can be done with a grinder, or carefully with a pair of scissors.
- Packing: If you’re using a pipe or a bong, pack your ground cannabis into the bowl. Be careful not to pack it too tight; you want the air to pass through evenly.
- Lighting: Hold your joint, pipe, or bong in one hand and your lighter in the other. Apply the flame while gently drawing in a breath through your mouth. If you’re smoking a joint, rotate it as you light to get an even burn.
- Inhaling: Take a small, smooth drag and let the smoke sit in your mouth for a moment before inhaling it into your lungs. For first-timers, it’s okay if you don’t inhale deeply.
- Exhaling: Exhale the smoke slowly and fully. Remember, holding the smoke in your lungs longer doesn’t enhance the high and can be harsh on your respiratory system.
- Wait and Observe: Cannabis effects can be felt almost immediately when smoked. Take a moment to see how you feel before taking another puff.
Remember, smoking cannabis is a personal experience. Go at your own pace, and choose what makes you feel comfortable and safe. Most importantly, ensure you’re in a relaxing, friendly environment when lighting up for the first time.